Retirement Planning & Wealth Building
By Joshua Kennon, About.com Guide
- Building Wealth - Making and Saving Money
- IRA and 401k Accounts
- More Retirement Articles and Resources
Building Wealth - Making and Saving Money
As famed financial author Napoleon Hill said nearly a century ago, all investing must begin with the savings habit. Unless you win the lottery or inherit a few hundred million dollars, knowing how to put aside money is the foundation of your long-term plans. These articles on making and saving money can help you get off to a good start.
- How to Get Rich - A Beginner's Guide
- Building a Complete Portfolio - The 10 Most Important Steps for New Investors
- The Complete Beginner's Guide to Saving Money
- How Much Should I Be Saving?
- 5 Ways to Make Saving Easier
- Creating Passive Income
- How to Save the First $100,000
- Savings vs. Investing
- How to Become Wealthy
- 3 Secrets to Building a Great Fortune
- 7 Rules of Wealth Building
- The 4 Ways to Make Money
- Do a Few Dollars Even Matter?
- How Do I Become Financially Independent?
- Have Any Tips for Making More Money?
- Don't Even Bother Saving If You Don't Have Health Insurance
- How You Can Retire with $6,500,000+
- 6 Easy Steps to Retire Rich
- What Does "Pay Yourself First" Mean?
- Paying for Retirement with an Egg McMuffin
IRA and 401k Accounts
The cornerstone of retirement planning are the various IRA and 401k accounts available to you. We'll cover contribution limits, ways to avoid extra taxes and early withdrawal fees, which is better, the Roth IRA or 401k, and much more.
- Everything You Need to Know About Your 401(k)
- Why the New Roth 401(k) Is a Better Choice for New Investors
- How Does a 401(k) from an Old Job Move to a Rollover IRA?
- What is a Self-Employed 401k and How Is It Different?
- Understanding Your 403(b) Plan, the 401(k) Plan for Non-Profit Employees
- How Can I Avoid the Early Withdrawal Fees on an IRA?
- Contribution Limits for a Roth and Traditional IRA
- Profile of the Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA - Part 1
- Profile of the Traditional IRA
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA - Part 2
- SEP-IRA (Simplified Employee Pension) for Small Business Owners
- What is a Simple IRA for Small Business Owners?
- Retirement Account Contribution Limit Guide
More Retirement Articles and Resources
Retirement planning is a lot like building a house; you need to start with a foundation. That's the hardest part (have you ever noticed how it seems like it takes a construction crew months to push dirt around and then a building sprouts up over night?) Grab a cup of coffee and join us for some free information by browsing through these pages or printing them and reading in your favorite, comfortable chair. After you've covered the basics, these retirement resources will give you a different perspective and some thoughts you may not have considered.